Wednesday 19 November 2014

New Beginnings: Life on the Cam and Shiny Things


Coat - Topshop / Fedora - Topshop / Top - Primark / Jeans - H&M / Boots - Dr Martens / Bag - Mi Pac / Watch - Casio



University is weird.
Nowhere else is it appropriate to down wine from a plastic bottle whilst dressed in a dinosaur onesie and standing on a curry-stained table as your 'friends' stand back and snapchat the entire ordeal.
It also strikes me that it's probably not ideal to survive on a diet consisting entirely of Aldi basic hummus and digestive biscuits, but hey ho.

Despite (or because of?) these things, it also happens to be quite a fun time. I am soon to be entering into my seventh week here in Cambridge, as odd as that sounds to me. 'Time flies' has never been a more appropriate expression...

In any case, time moves on and with it do the seasons. I don't know what happened, but one day it was as mild as a chicken korma and then suddenly cycling to lectures became a huge task, what with the battling with layer upon layer of knitwear in what seemed like a futile attempt to keep warm.

Thankfully I have my trusty pimp coat to fall back on, it never lets me down. In an attempt to break the ongoing monochromatic monotony that is my wardrobe (I can't help it if black just always looks great) I've been pushing the boat out and attempting to incorporate some shiny stuff into the daily look. This was this week's try, involving a £3 Primark sale number that is surprisingly versatile, even if a little thin (hypothermia in the name of style is acceptable, right?). Stay tuned for more exciting fashion-y things, I can't promise any more colour though I'm afraid...

Min xo

No comments:

Post a Comment